Skip to main content

Memorial Union Hornet ID card

Use your Hornet Card for identification and dining dollars

New students receive cards at Hornet Connection

Hornet ID Card

New students receive Hornet Cards during a Hornet Connection. If they do not attend a Hornet Connection, they may come into the ID Office once they are registered as an active student. Faculty and staff can get their Hornet Card once the ID Office receives verification of employment from Human Resources. Retired employees are eligible to receive a retiree Hornet ID, which will grant retiree benefits.

Hornet Card

Receiving a Hornet Card

Students will need to come to the Memorial Union ID Office, Room 110 on the first level of the Memorial Union. They will need to bring their E-Number (student or employee ID number).

To upload an ID photo online, please visit

Uses for the Hornet card

The Hornet Card has many uses on campus. The Hornet Card provides access to:

  • Meal plan usage
  • Access to the Recreation Center
  • Access to the residence halls for students living on campus
  • Check out materials in the library
  • Make purchases in the Hornets Nest, Slice of Life, Hornet Express and Buzzcotti
  • Attend Emporia State athletic events for free during regular season play as a student or retiree
  • Discounted on-campus theatre tickets for students
  • Obtain official Emporia State records, including transcripts
  • Identification on campus
  • Load Hornet Bucks

Hornet Card Cost


Replacement Hornet Card

Replacement cards are available during regular business hours in the Memorial Union ID Office. The replacement cost is $25. To streamline the replacement process, please have a student/staff ID number ready.

Lost Hornet Card

For lost cards, students must first call the Memorial Union ID Office at 620-341-5859 and report it as lost or stolen. Lost cards are returned to the Memorial Union ID Office. Our staff can check for cards in the lost and found. If the card is not found, we can de-activate the lost card to prevent usage and issue a new card for a replacement cost of $25. They may use the saved photo if it represents their current appearance, or they may have a new photo taken.

Hornet Cards for distance students

Distance students will first need to complete an Identity Statement through either the Graduate School or Distance Education office. They will then provide us with a digital photo and other required student information and pre-pay the $25 card printing fee (plus postage if necessary). Once payment has been received, their Hornet Card will be mailed to the address on file in the university's student information system. If they wish for their card to be mailed to a different address, they will need to change their official address with the Registration Office.