Libraries + Archives
Libraries + Archives
As the intellectual heart of ESU, the Libraries + Archives is fully integrated and engaged in teaching and learning. With over one hundred databases, thousands of print and electronic resources, access to 50+ computers/laptops, a Learning Commons area, and so much more, the Libraries + Archives is here to help you succeed at your academic adventure here at ESU!
Coronavirus Preventative Measures
Hours of operation:
- Main Circulation desk, second floor and lower level: 7:45 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday; closed Saturday; 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday. The Learning Commons is also open from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
- 9 p.m. to midnight
Special Collections and Archives:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Interactions with clients
Face to face + phone, email and virtual
How to schedule
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 620.341.5207
- Online chat
- Special Collections and Archives Email: email@example.com
- Special Collections and Archives Phone: 620.341.6431
- ESU students, faculty and staff will access the library by swiping their ID cards at the front door.
- Off-campus users will need to contact the library.
- The third floor, fourth floor, and first floor study rooms are temporarily closed.
- Curbside book delivery: Request books via phone at 620-341-5207; via Zoom and/or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please type in your subject line; CURBSIDE BOOK REQUEST). Once your materials have been located, a library team member will contact you with instructions for pickup. Curbside pickup is also being used for Interlibrary Loan items.
How can we help you?
Below you will find a direct link to Library Connect, a specially designed website to help you with your research. Your research adventure starts here at the University Libraries + Archives, please let us know how we can serve you!
Your research adventure is one click away! Access the Libraries + Archives resources, instruction, and services. We look forward to helping you.
Learn more about the Libraries + Archives. We enrich academic experiences by providing resources, space for creation, and by teaching information literacy skills across the curriculum.
The library has an abundant amount of study space available for use. Some areas are even reservable with access to computers and monitors for collaborative projects.
Special Collections & Archives
The Special Collections & Archives is the repository for records and artifacts of permanent, historical value produced or received by ESU that pertain to its development and functions and/or represent it in its regional, national and global context.
The Academic Center for Excellence and Success is located on the 2nd Floor of the William Allen White Library. ACES provides various tutoring services and student success programs to help with academic success.
Interlibrary Loan allows patrons to obtain materials not owned by Libraries + Archives that are needed to support the educational, curricular, and research needs of ESU students, faculty, and staff.
The CampusWell website includes blog posts, information, tips and tricks in your classes and beyond! Here you can learn more about all the dimensions of wellness through campus support offices, digital resources, and events on campus!
The ESU Libraries and Archives are modifying the online assistance hours. New hours will begin Saturday, April 11.
Sunday, 1-8 pm
Monday-Friday, 10 am-8 pm
Saturday, 1-4 pm
You can get assistance in several ways:
Chat at HTTP://www.emporia.edu/library
Phone: 620-341-5205 / 620-341-5207