Academic Center for Excellence and Success
ACES is ESU's primary academic resource
ACES is your one-stop-shop for tutoring, workshops and more
Throughout campus, there are various tutoring services and student success programs to help with your academic success and transition to college. One of the primary resources for academic success is ACES. ACES is designed to offer an array of FREE dynamic services to boosts all ESU students’ ability to successfully complete their undergraduate degree. The ACES staff work closely with students, faculty, and staff to create a synergy where student success is the priority.
Coronavirus Preventative Measures
Due to COVID-19 preventative measures (see this page for details), ACES provides online and face-to-face tutoring by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please see the Guide to Complete Instructions.pdf or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of operation:
- Administrative office, 209 White Library: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Services have no set hours. Tutoring schedules vary by subject; student success coaching and workshops are scheduling based on availability of the student or student group and the ACES director.
Interactions with clients: Primarily virtual
- Select face-to-face services provided during fall semester; all must be scheduled 24 hours in advance and are limited to 30 minutes long.
- Walk-in tutoring via GoBoard, an online tutoring platform.
- Student success coaching sessions and workshops via Zoom by appointment
- No walk-ins or general access to our area without an appointment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of tables, chairs, and whiteboards are the responsibility of tutors and students who meet face-to-face by appointment.
- Students should bring their own devices and markers to use in appointments as there will not be the sharing of these materials in fall 2020.
- Procedures for how to access services and schedule appointments are outlined on the ACES’s website at www.emporia.edu/aces and in the ACES Academic Resources course page in Canvas.
More About ACES
ACES exists to enhance the academic success of Emporia State students by providing free peer tutoring, writing and research assistance, and individual and small group workshops covering a variety of academic support issues.
ACES is located on the 2nd floor of the William Allen White Library, and is open for general studying and group collaboration meetings during library hours. The schedule for tutoring in the individual areas is updated each semester.
Contact the director of ACES, Gieselle Taylor at 620-341-5033 or email email@example.com for more information.