Student Health + Counseling Services
Hours of operation
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Interactions with students
- Counseling sessions: In-person by appointment
- Health Services: In-person by appointment
How to schedule
- Phone: 620.341.5222 — students with respiratory or potential COVID-19 symptoms MUST call first to be screened and given instructions
- Student Wellness Portal — a tile on Hornet365 online (scheduling feature temporarily disabled due to unique Covid needs)
- In-person: walk up to the front desk, 250 Morse Hall Southeast
- Face masks are required to be worn properly.
- Two separate waiting areas for well clients and those exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Virtual Counseling Visits available on request via HIPAA-compliant Zoom.
- Health Services is available as a resource for consultation; please call first.
Located at 250 SE Morse, the Student Wellness Center is here to enhance the academic success of all ESU students with an emphasis on wellness and personal growth.
The Student Wellness Center offers health services, counseling services and programming to provide education, direct services and resources designed to empower students to successfully navigate through the many transitions of life and to reach their highest potential.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Information about services offered, scheduling an appointment, insurance, pharmacy, vaccination info and more.
Meet with a counselor, prevention programs, FAQs, helpful resources and more.
After Hours Urgent Care | 911 for Emergencies
Newman Express Care
1301 W. 12th Avenue, Suite 110 | ( 620) 343-7828
Newman Regional Hospital
1201 West 12th Ave. Emporia, KS 66801 | (620) 343-6800
Call 800-279-3645 for immediate assistance
ESU Police + Safety
Call (620) 341-5337 or 911 for emergencies
Remember that charges for healthcare can be much higher off campus. Always take your insurance information with you when accessing off-campus medical assistance.
Here for every Hornet
Going hungry doesn’t have to be your normal. Neither does worrying about where you’ll sleep tonight or if you can afford to pay your bills. ESU is here to help every Hornet be safer, healthier and more successful. So whether you need help locating affordable housing, want to find financial resources or need some pantry staples to get you to your next meal, Emporia State is here for you.