Alumni Association Refer a Hornet Form
Refer a Hornet and change a future student's life
Emporia State University has been changing lives since 1863. It's changed your life, and now you have the opportunity to change the life of a future Hornet! Share their contact information with us and we'll do the rest.
We have also prepared talking points that you can use when speaking with prospective students that you can view below.
A few things you can share about ESU with potential students
- Emporia State offers a unique experience – all the big school amenities with all the benefits of a small school.
- Students at ESU get access to experiences typically reserved for upperclassmen at other institutions. Faculty mentorships, faculty/student research, usage of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Hands-on, high impact learning experiences are part of the curriculum. Creating marketing plans for local businesses, tagging deer in Wyoming, studying in The Bahamas, Student teaching in Paraguay. Coming Soon! Prophet Aquatic Research and Outreach Center.
- 100+ student organizations and students can even create their own.
- Two brand NEW residence halls.
- 97% (3 yr. avg) career outcomes for graduates – 97% of our grads are hired or accepted to advanced studies programs within six months of graduation.
- Lowest student debt of all public universities in Kansas.
200+ academic programs, including some exciting new programs
- Sport Leadership and Recreation (study for careers in fields ranging from athletic director, rec services director, sports marketing).
- Business Data Analytics – Calling all number lovers. Sift through and study data to set business direction.
- Graphic Design – the program has been in operation for a while, but it is now under new faculty and has an all new design lab for students.
- Social Media – Major in Communication, concentration in Emerging Technologies and Society and graduates will be ready to be a social media manager and a leader in communication.
- Masters in Elementary Education – Know someone ready for a change? No matter the bachelor’s degree – those who complete an MS in Elementary Education and receive licensure can become a teacher.
- Business Technology Programs – Technology experts are in demand! ESU tech programs in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Security and Business Data Analytics will prepare you for your future.
- Instructional Design + Technology and Design – this program is fully online and has been around, but it’s very relevant to today’s educators (k-12 and trainers in business or military) and is now available in 7 week classes.
Stand out programs including:
- Education – Elementary, Secondary + Middle.
- Nursing – our program is extremely good. First-time NCLEX passage rate of 100% in May 2019, much higher than state and national averages.
- Art – glass forming, only engraving major in the Nation.
- Music - Our music department is led by a group of outstanding musician faculty. With small class sizes you won’t find yourself sandwiched in an auditorium just listening to a great professor; you’ll get to work one-on-one with them to develop your skills.
- Pre-professional programs – Medical, Law, Engineering, all the pre's!