Alumni Association Hire
Support ESU by hiring a Hornet
Helping current students prepare for their future careers, networking with other members of Hornet Nation, and assisting others as they grow professionally are meaningful ways to build Hornet Nation. Here’s how you can help.
Mentor a Business Major
- Share your expertise and mentor a student from the School of Business through the Mentor a Business Major program. The goal of the program is to give students the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals while preparing for life after college. Students are seeking someone who will provide them with honest feedback, guide them in developing the skills to be successful in the workplace, and paint a realistic picture of professional life.
Participate in an On-campus Recruiting Fair
- Emporia State hosts two teacher career fairs each year, as well as another fair for careers other than teaching. If these fairs fit well with your recruitment strategy, then we encourage you to participate. Many of the employers who participate in these opportunities obtain outstanding leads for new hires. Employers can schedule an on-campus interview day and conduct face to face interviews with potential candidates. For a full list of events or to schedule your on-campus recruiting dates, visit Career Services' website.
Provide Internships for ESU students
- Students who complete internships are better prepared for their careers and more competitive in the job market. Whether paid or unpaid, internships provide students hands-on experience in a professional field while employers are able to tap into current classroom training and observe a potential employee in their work environment. Internships are a great way to screen, recruit, and hire top talent from Emporia State. For more information in establishing internships for Emporia State students, go to Career Services
Present to a campus club, organization, or class
- If marketing your business to targeted students is a better fit for you, then consider making a presentation to campus clubs, organizations, or classes. Students love to learn from professionals who work in the fields they are pursuing, and these sessions provide you with an opportunity to share your experience while talking about your business. For more information, contact Career Services at email@example.com.
Volunteer to help conduct mock interviews or review a resume
- A wonderful way to give back to the university is by volunteering to conduct mock interviews and review Emporia State. These are opportunities to mentor a student by providing valuable feedback and potentially screen a candidate for a future position. For more information, contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Jobs on Handshake
- If you hire new graduates, we encourage you to utilize Handshake to advertise your internship or full-time opportunities to our students and alumni. There is no cost to post jobs and this system allows you to query Emporia State student resumes, search for particular majors and skills, and register for all on-campus recruiting events. To create and manage your employer profile visit Career Services' website.
If you are targeting a mix of new and seasoned professionals, consider adding your job to our LinkedIn Group. The Emporia State University Alumni group on LinkedIn currently has over 1,600 members.