Emporia State University is excited to be the Presenting Venue for December’s First Friday Art Walk in Emporia. A variety of art exhibits and experiences will be available on the ESU campus as well as a shuttle service to make getting around easier.
The Art Walk is open from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 2.
“Emporia State University is proud to be a platinum sponsor of First Friday Art Walk,” said James Ehlers, professor of art and department chair. “We enjoy collaborating with the Emporia community to bring art to others.”
The four venues on campus are:
- Norman R. Eppink Gallery (Presenting Venue) in King Hall — the Annual ESU Department of Art Faculty Exhibition
- Painting Room in King Hall (Room 105) — collaborative painting
- William Allen White Library — an exhibit from the May Massee Collection. And from 6 to 7 p.m. Kevin Rabas and Kerry Moyer will present a drum circle.
- Art Annex on Highland Street — live glassblowing demonstrations with Nic Dikin and Annie Honn.
During the evening, a shuttle van from Emporia State will run this route approximately every 15 to 20 minutes:
- Stop 1: Plumb Hall in Kellogg Circle. This will pick up participants going to or coming from the two venues in King Hall plus White Library.
- Stop 2: Art Annex. A drop-off and pick-up point for those at the live glassblowing demonstrations.
- Stop 3: Emporia Main Street office (Seventh Avenue side). Provides access to the downtown vendors. Shuttle then returns to campus.
For a full map of vendors and their presenting businesses, go online to https://emporiafirstfriday.com/venues/.
All venues — including Eppink Gallery at ESU, the Presenting Venue — have passports to pick up. Art walkers are encouraged to take these to as many venues as they wish, visit with the articles, browse the stores and get their passports stamped.
To win the passport prize provided by the Presenting Venue, passports must have a stamp from Eppink Gallery plus at least seven additional venues. Completed passports may be left at any venue. They are picked up at the end of the walk, which is 9 p.m., with a prize drawing at 9:30 p.m. at the official after-party headquarters, Mulready’s Pub.