ESU President Allison D. Garrett shared the following with the ESU campus today:
November 30, 2020
Dear Hornet Nation:
Last month, I shared with you that Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. David Cordle had announced his retirement to the ESU community. Today, we formally launch our search.
In preparation for this launch, we have retained the services of a national recruitment firm, Thorn Network, Inc.; and in collaboration with the Office of Human Resources and Shared Governance we have developed a search procedure to fill this vacancy.
One of the first steps in the process was to establish the formal search committee. To ensure diverse representation, leaders across campus submitted nominees for membership. Shared Governance carefully reviewed nominees and provided recommendations for membership to me.
I am pleased to announce that the search committee will be chaired by Dr. Gary Wyatt, Dean of the Honors College, Associate Provost. Dr. Allen Aswad, Chief Diversity Officer, will serve as the Equal Employment Opportunity Monitor.
Thank you in advance to the following committee members who have graciously agreed to serve:
- Dr. Doug Smith, School of Business
- Bethanie O’Dell, Library and Archives/School of Library and Information Management
- Dr. Morgan Willingham, Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Rebecca Rodriguez Carey, Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Dr. John Wade, The Teachers College
- Brayden Soper, Associated Student Government
- Greg Larson, Information Technology
- Kindle Holderby, Admissions
- Dr. Shelly Gehrke, Enrollment Management and Academic Success
- Dr. William Jensen, Graduate School Representative
- Sheila Markowitz, Student Affairs
- Pam Norton, Administration and Finance
- Natasha Oakes, Foundation/Trustee/Alum
Preliminary timeframe follows:
- Monday, November 30, 2020, formal search launched,
- January/February 2021, search committee begins review of applicants,
- March/April 2021, on-campus interviews,
- Sunday, June 13, 2021, tentative start date.
Updates, more detailed information and FAQs regarding the search process can be found on the university’s Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Search Page.
With Hornet Pride,
Allison D. Garrett