Kansas County Clerks’ and Election Officials Scholarship
This $500 scholarship is annually awarded to eligible Kansas High School seniors
This scholarship was started by the funds the KCCEOA received from the Associated Press and major news outlets for election night reporting. The bulk of the funding now comes from donations and funds received through an annual silent auction, held at the spring conference. This program has awarded hundreds of scholarships to the youth of Kansas over the years and hopes to continue to do so in the years to come.
This $500 scholarship is annually awarded to eligible Kansas high school seniors, and college freshman and sophomores.
This scholarship is available to students who:
- will be attending a Kansas college
- are enrolling or enrolled to study journalism, political science, communication, or business
- maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
Applications can be handwritten or typed:
- typed or written in dark black ink to ensure that copies are legible
- submitted on letter size (8.5”x11”) paper
- not fastened by staples or bound in a folder or booklet
Along with a completed application, the following must be submitted:
- a brief essay (one typed page) explaining your goals for your chosen career
- official transcripts
- two letters of reference (one personal reference from a relative or friend and one professional reference from an employer, teacher or school administrator.)
Applications can be submitted in the office of your County Clerk. They can also be mailed directly to the chair of the scholarship committee:
Ellis County Clerk
KCCEOA Scholarship Committee
PO Box 720
Hays, KS 67601
For questions about the program, please contact the Scholarship Committee Chair: Donna J. Maskus, Ellis County Clerk.
phone: (785) 628-9410