Community Hornets Tree Campus Higher Education
Celebrating Arbor Day + protecting the environment
ESU has been recognized by the Tree Campus Higher Education of the Arbor Day Foundation recognition program for several years by meeting five standards. Two-and four-year accredited colleges and universities meeting these standards receive recognition materials to showcase their dedication to the campus environment.
- Standard 1 – Campus Tree Advisory Committee
- Standard 2 – Campus Tree Care Plan
- Standard 3 – Campus Tree Program with Dedicated Annual Expenditures
- Standard 4 – Arbor Day Observance
- Standard 5 – Service Learning Project
Each year, new trees are planted on campus as a part Arbor Day and the Tree Campus Higher Education program.