Parents + Families of Current ESU Students
If your student is currently on campus, these pages are for you
We are so excited that your student chose Emporia State! We've assembled a wealth of resources for you from financial resources to helping your student get involved on campus.
Explore the many opportunities to help them on their journey.
Encourage your student to get involved in campus life. Visit this page for tips and involvement opportunities.
Paying your student's bill
Information on paying the tuition bill and how to gain access to your student's account.
If your student needs help
If your student is struggling academically, physically or emotionally, we have a support system set up. Visit this page to learn more.
- Oct. 14 & 15 – fall Break
- Monday, October 18 – staggered enrollment begins at 12:01am for spring 2022
- Monday, October 18 – 2nd block begins
- Tuesday, October 19 – Midterms due at 5pm
- Friday, October 29 – Last day to withdraw from a full semester course
- November 22 – Last day to withdraw from 2nd block class
- Friday, Dec. 10 – Last day of Classes
- Saturday, Dec. 18 – Commencement
- December 21 – grades due at noon
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I mail a card or care package to my student in the Residence Halls?
- Can my student work on campus?
Yes! Students may search and apply for part-time jobs, including both on- and off-campus positions, by logging into their ESU Handshake account. Career Services manages Handshake and can answer questions about part-time employment. Career Services can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-341-5407.
- Can I see my student's grades + FERPA Info
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. If a student gives proxy access, the university is given authority by the student to share certain information with the individual(s) that the student designated. Students complete the process through their student account. Students can also set up an "authorized user" account that gives access to billing. For information on these options, visit the Business Office's web page.
- How are you keeping my student safe on campus?
Keeping your student safe is our top priority. Lit walkways, residential halls with card access-only doors, numerous emergency call buttons placed around campus and Police and Safety officers available for escorts, car trouble and door unlocks make our campus safer.
emporia.edu/student-life/police-safety ● 620-341-5337
- What is ESU's Anti-Discrimination policy?
To learn more about policies, procedures and other information relevant to Title IX, Title VII and other protected class discrimination and harassment on the ESU campus, scan the QR code or visit the Discrimination + Harassment, Response + Prevention page.