Business Office + Cashiering Services
Welcome to the Business Office + Cashiering Services
Coronavirus Preventative Measures
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Interactions with clients:
- In-person interaction discouraged; prefer phone calls, emails and virtual meetings.
- The Cashier window in Plumb Hall will be available, but extremely limited because of social distance requirements.
Want to schedule an appointment with us? Use our online scheduling tool!
You can also contact us through email or phone.
Phone: (620) 341-5135
- Refund checks (of funds left after financial aid is applied to a student’s account) will NOT be available to pick up in person.
- Students are encouraged to set up direct deposit for these refunds. This can be done through your Hornet365 student account.
- If we have no direct deposit information, refund checks will be mailed to the mailing address on file (often your home address). Please update your address through your student portal.
- A drop box in the Plumb Hall Rotunda allows students to submit documents and payments (NO CASH) without waiting in line.
Tuition and fees refunds
- The official period to drop a course for the spring 2021 semester with a full refund is February 5, 2021. For classes taught in less than the regular semester, the 100% refund period will follow the policy on dropping a course determined by the Registrar's Office. A student acknowledges responsibility for payment of tuition and relevant fees by beginning the semester enrolled in face-to-face/in-person, blended/hybrid and/or online courses. No tuition or fees refunds will be issued if the need arises to temporarily teach or finish the semester remotely.
The Business Office provides fiscal services to the campus and serves as an interface with external agencies for fiscal matters. The Business Office includes the Controller's Office, Cashiering and Student Accounts, Accounts Payable, and the Student Organizations/Accounting Services Office.
Our offices are located in Plumb Hall, which houses the central administration offices, including the President's Office, Registration, Student Advising, and Financial Aid.
See individual areas at the left for links to services and other information provided by our office.
Student Account Center
Emporia State University provides an online student account center for fee payment.
The student account center can be accessed through Hornet 365. 24/7 online access will provide the following:
- View student bill(s) online
- Pay tuition, fees, housing, and any other student account charges electronically
- Give authorized student account access to third party users (parents, guardians, spouses)
- Set up direct deposit of excess financial aid into any bank account
- Student Account Authorized Users - Enter Here
Information about vendor and purchasing contracts.
Find financial reports for Emporia State University.
Learn about the Business Office, including contact information.
Information for students, including tuition and fees.