Apply to the Honors College
Apply to be a part of the Honors College
- Review the Honors College admission criteria and Requirements for Graduation with Honors to graduate from the Honors College with Honors and High Honors.
- Review our Mission and Vision Statements
- Complete the electronic Honors College application form below
- Once your Honors College acceptance letter arrives, consider enrolling in courses at your 1st opportunity. The CW 111 Honors Seminar course will fill up fast so don’t delay. You will need to take this course in the fall or spring of your first year at Emporia State.
To participate in the program, entering freshmen must have an ACT composite score of 26 or higher OR a high school GPA of 3.5 or better. Students transferring from other colleges or ESU students who have completed at least one semester of college must have a GPA of 3.5 or better.
Applicants must also write two short essays of about 300 words each.
- Describe what you hope to gain from participation in the Honors College and what you might contribute.
- Describe what being an agent of change for the common good means to you.