Emporia State Black and Gold Visit
Black + Gold Visits are ESU's premier visit experience.
A great way to start discovering ESU!
Come see what ESU is all about
These fun, interactive visit days showcase a glimpse into life as a Hornet with:
- Academic and Student Life fair
- Presentation that includes admissions, financial aid, and scholarship information
- Tour of campus
- Optional tour of a residence hall
- FREE lunch!
Masks are recommended but not required to be worn in campus buildings. We can supply you with a mask if you would like one. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or are currently awaiting results for a COVID-19 test, we ask you to postpone your visit to ESU.
If you are planning to bring a group of students to one of our Black & Gold events, please reach out to Alanie Stalcup at email@example.com before signing up.
- Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022
- Friday, Oct. 7, 2022
- Saturday, Oct. 29, 2022
- Friday, Nov. 4, 2022
- Saturday, Mar. 18, 2023
- Friday, Mar. 24, 2023
- Friday, Apr. 14, 2023
- Saturday, Apr. 29, 2023
Schedule for Friday Black & Gold
- 10:30 am Check-in, Memorial Union east lobby
- 11 am Welcome, Webb Hall
- 11:15 am Complimentary Lunch in Hornets’ Nest Dining Hall
- 12 pm Admissions Presentation and Scholarship Drawing, Webb
- 1 pm Student-Guided Campus Tour
- 2 pm Academic Fair, Ballroom
- 2:20 pm Residence Hall Tours (optional), offered continuously until 3 pm
- 2-3 pm Optional Survey (get a free T-shirt for completing!)
Schedule for Saturday Black & Gold
- 8:30 am Check in, Memorial Union east lobby
- 9 am Welcome, Webb Hall
- 9:10 am Student-Guided Campus Tour
- 10:10 am Admissions Presentation and Scholarship Drawing, Webb
- 11 am Academic Fair, Ballroom
- 11:20 am Residence Hall Tours (optional), offered continuously until 12 p.m.
- 11 am-12 pm Optional Survey (get a free T-shirt for completing!)
- 11:30 a.m. Complimentary Lunch in the Hornet’s Nest Dining Hall, open from 11:30 am to 1 pm
Per NCAA regulations, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions cannot set up appointments with coaches for potential recruits. However, we are allowed to provide the coach’s contact information for you to set up an appointment during your visit. Contact the Admissions Office at (620) 341-5465 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for their contact information.
Getting Here + Getting Around
Where to park + where to go
Campus visitors meet on the east side of the Memorial Union, located at 1331 Market St., Emporia, KS 66801. We have designated admissions parking spots and metered parking just for you in front of the Memorial Union. Don't pay the meter - we will give you a parking pass. We'll be there to greet you just inside the east doors of the union.
Parking + Maps
View our parking and campus maps before you visit. We've got a parking space saved just for you!
Where to stay
View the Visitor's Guide for information on where to stay. Ask us about lodging discounts!
City of Emporia
While you're visiting campus take some time to explore Emporia. You'll be glad you did.
Psst...If you are an admitted student and are ready to enroll. you want to sign up for a Hornet Connection.