Jones Success Scholarship
Jones Foundation Success Scholarship
Jones Success Scholarship
The Jones Foundation, named after Walter S. and Evan C. Jones, assists qualified, eligible applicants with a portion of the cost for their undergraduate education.
Beginning with the high school class of 2022, students who begin attending ESU the fall semester following high school graduation may receive the Jones Success Scholarship, worth up to $7,000 over the next four years - $1,000 for their first year, $1,500 for their second year, $2,000 for their third year and $2,500 for their fourth year. The scholarship is not need-based and an application is not required, however students will accept the scholarship in the ESU Scholarship Portal.
Transfer students will only be eligible if they are transferring from Flint Hills Technical College (FHTC) to Emporia State University after having received the Jones Tuition Voucher at FHTC. No other transfer students will be eligible. Each student’s remaining eligibility and annual award amount will be based upon the number of years since the student’s high school graduation.
Eligible students will receive the first year of the scholarship based on the following:
- Residents (for at least one year) of Coffey, Lyon or Osage counties who are
- seeking a degree at ESU starting in the fall immediately after high school graduation, and
- enrolling in a minimum of 12 credit hours each for the fall and spring semesters.
To renew the scholarship in subsequent years, students must:
- Complete at least 24 credit hours in their first year, with a 2.25 minimum spring term GPA;
- maintain a minimum GPA of 2.25 each subsequent semester;
- successfully complete at least 12 credit hours each subsequent semester;
- complete the Jones Scholars Plan for Success with their advisor; and
- participate in the Stinger Success Program, which includes:
- Meeting with their academic advisor at least twice a semester;
- Successfully completing the first-year seminar and using appropriate campus resources, which includes the Academic Center for Excellence and Success (ACES); and
- Participating in the Peer Mentoring Program as a mentee their first year at ESU.
Students who were attending ESU on the Jones tuition voucher program in Spring 2022 and would be eligible for renewal in Fall 2022 under the terms of that program will instead be enrolled in the Jones Success Scholarship beginning in Fall 2022 for the term of their remaining eligibility (1, 2 or 3 years). Each student will be enrolled at the dollar amount corresponding to their year in the tuition voucher program; in other words, they will receive $1,500 if they are entering year two, $2,000 if they are entering year three, or $2,500 if they are entering year four. These students will not be required to complete the Jones Scholars Plan for Success or the Stinger Success Program; however, they will be required to achieve a 2.25 minimum GPA for the spring 2023 semester and each subsequent semester.