TRIO Student Support Services
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED WHILE IN COLLEGE
Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally-funded program hosted by Emporia State University. The program is aimed at increasing a student’s chances for success while in college through free services including tutoring, personal, financial and career counseling.
We also offer
- Academic advising for first and second-year students
- Grant aid funds for Pell eligible students with unmet financial need
- Special courses designed to meet the needs of participants
- Financial and scholarship assistance
- Personal, career and academic counseling
- Computer use and free printing
- Chi Alpha Epsilon TRIO Honor Society for participants with a 3.0 GPA and higher for two consecutive semesters
- Increased graduation rates
- Social network of peers
- Completion of personal and academic goals
- Centralized location of services and support
Qualifying for Services
To qualify for TRIO Student Support Services, you must be one of the following:
- First-generation college students (neither parents completed a bachelor’s degree)
- Students with a documented physical, psychological or learning disability
- Students from a family who falls under federal low-income guidelines
This program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Applications will be selected for program participation in compliance with the provisions of Section 427 of the U.S. Department of Education’s General Education Provisions Act (GEPA). Accordingly, access and participation will not be denied to applicants based on gender, race, national origin, color, disability or age.
Apply + Contact
To apply, visit the link below and select "applications & forms."
We also can be reached at 620-341-5097 or by fax, 620-341-5887.
Book an appointment
Video runtime: 2 min. 18 sec.