Skip to main content

Residential Life Student Employment

Join the Residential Life family

Resident Assistant (RA)

Your Resident Assistant (RA) is a student just like you. Each RA lives on a floor and is responsible for building community and planning events for that floor. RAs serve an on-duty rotation to ensure safety and security in the buildings. RAs are supervised by a full-time Complex Coordinator. Students should go to their RA first with concerns or questions! Follow this link to see detailed job descriptions and learn more.

Reception Center Assistant (RCA)

These student employees work at the Reception Centers in the halls. They can assist when you are locked out of your room, have lost your key, have maintenance concerns, have questions about campus, or need to meet with your Complex Coordinator. They are supervised by a full-time Complex Coordinator. These friendly team members are always happy to help!

Student Office Assistant (SOA)

These students work in the main Residential Life Office and assist with answering telephones, responding to questions, organizing student housing records, processes paperwork, and other duties as assigned. They are supervised by the Senior Administrative Specialist. When you visit our main office in 308 South Morse Hall, these team members are typically the first to greet you and answer your question or guide you to the right person!

Summer Staff Positions

Over the summer we hire students to assist with our summer camps, summer residents and departmental projects.

Working in Residential Life is an amazing opportunity for all levels of staff! If you are interested, please contact Cass Coughlin at or (620) 341-5264.