Admissions Process Transfer Student
Transfer to the university with a 96% career outcomes rate
Transfer Student Admissions Process
We are so excited you have decided to transfer to Emporia State. Earning your degree from ESU will be one of the best investments you will ever make.
To be eligible for admission as a transfer student, you must have 24 or more transferable credit hours with a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours. If you do not have 24 or more transferable hours, you must have a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours AND meet at least one freshman admission requirement.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact your Admissions Counselor for more information about potential exceptions.
Online Application Alert
Our online application is temporarily down for maintenance. To receive a free application for admission:
A. Call 620-341-5465 to fill out an application by phone or
B. Visit this link to electronically submit or mail application via postal service
If you have any questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to give us a call or email us at go2ESU@emporia.edu.
Step-by-step guide to applying
- Complete the application and pay the $30 application fee. For transfer students who are taking classes entirely online or at one of our distance locations in Kansas City or El Dorado there is an additional $10 technology fee. Application fees can be paid online through the application portal, in person through the admissions office, or by phone at 620-341-5465.
- Have final official transcripts from all colleges attended sent to Emporia State. A high school transcript and ACT or SAT score is required if you have less than 24 transferable credit hours. An ACT or SAT score is not required if you are 21 years of age or older. Official transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent to us in a sealed envelope in the mail. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded securely here.
- Apply for federal financial aid on the FAFSA website and connect with the ESU Financial Aid Office by calling 620-341-5457 or emailing email@example.com.
- Once you are admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter with your login information and student E-Number. Start at the Hornet 365 First Time User page to activate your account.
- Check your scholarship eligibility by browsing through available scholarships
- Register for Hornet Connection. At Hornet Connection you will enroll in classes and receive your Hornet ID.