Admissions Process Transfer Student
Transfer to the university with a 96% career outcomes rate
Transfer Student Admissions Process
We are so excited you have decided to transfer to Emporia State. Earning your degree from ESU will be one of the best investments you will ever make.
To be eligible for admission as a transfer student, you must have 24 or more transferable credit hours with a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours. If you do not have 24 or more transferable hours, you must have a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours AND meet at least one freshman admission requirement.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact your Admissions Counselor for more information about potential exceptions.
Step-by-step guide to applying
- Complete the online application and pay the $30 application fee. Application fees can be paid online through the application portal, in person through the admissions office, or by phone at 620-341-5465.
- Have final official transcripts from all colleges attended sent to Emporia State. A high school transcript and ACT or SAT score is required if you have less than 24 transferable credit hours. An ACT or SAT score is not required if you are 21 years of age or older. Transcripts can be sent to email@example.com.
- Apply for federal financial aid on the FAFSA website and connect with the ESU Financial Aid Office by calling 620-341-5457 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you are admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter with your login information and student E-Number. Start at the Hornet 365 First Time User page to activate your account.
- Check your scholarship eligibility by browsing through available scholarships
- Register for Hornet Connection. At Hornet Connection you will enroll in classes and receive your Hornet ID.