Skip to main content

Admissions Process Transfer Student

Transferring to ESU is easy

We offer that!

ESU offers 200+ academic programs. With a wide range of options, you can choose the major that will help you achieve your goals and finish what you started.

Academic programs

Campus in the fall

Admission requirements

24+ transferable credit hours AND 2.0+ GPA on transferring hours OR 2.0+ Gpa on transferring hours AND 1+ freshmen admission requirement (21+ ACT score OR 1060+ SAT score OR 2.25+ unweighted GPA)

Transfer to ESU in three steps


Now is a great time to apply! Through Jan. 21, 2022, there is no fee to apply to Emporia State!

Send transcripts

Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded directly into your admissions application or securely on the secure upload page. Official transcripts can be sent to, or mailed to ESU Admissions, 1 Kellogg Circle, Box 4034, Emporia, KS 66801.

Submit the FAFSA

Fill the FAFSA out as soon as possible on or after Oct. 1 to get the best award amounts. You have the option to send your FAFSA directly to Emporia State. Visit the FAFSA website to fill out the form. Our FAFSA school code is 001927.

Next steps

Apply for Scholarships

Apply for additional ESU scholarships through the Scholarship Library. Official transcripts are required for scholarships to be awarded.

Enroll in classes

Enroll in classes at Hornet Connection, the enrollment process for new-to-ESU students.

Contact + Application status

Contact us

Email or 620-487-5905 with questions.

Application status

Log back into the application portal to check your application's status.

Transfer course database

Course equivalencies listed in the database are subject to change and additional transfer courses not yet evaluated may also be equivalent. Please send official transcripts from each school you have attended to the ESU Office of the Registrar, 1 Kellogg Circle, Box 4026, Emporia, KS 66801-5087 and their staff will advise you as to how your credits will transfer.


Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. For questions, contact your admissions counselor. Visit Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation website for more information.