TRIO McNair Scholars Program
Encouraging students in their pursuit of a doctoral degree
A Pathway to a Ph.D.
TRIO McNair Scholars Program encourages and assists eligible undergraduate students in their pursuit of a doctoral degree.
McNair Scholars Program offers
- Faculty-mentored research experiences to develop and refine research skills and understand the rigors and culture of the discipline.
- Access to scholarly activities that increase the rigor of their undergraduate experience and enhance graduate school credentials.
- Opportunities to present at academic and research conferences to network and develop professional presentation skills.
- Visits to graduate schools identify potential graduate programs.
- Assistance with the graduate school preparation and application process.
To qualify for the McNair Scholars Program
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent completed a bachelor’s degree or, if you only lived with and received support from one parent, that parent did not complete a bachelor’s degree) AND meet federal income guidelines
- Or be a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education as determined by the US Department of Education
- Be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Be at least a sophomore with 45+ credit hours
- Have a desire to pursue a research doctorate
New participant application
We can be reached at 620-341-5097 or email@example.com or by fax 620-341-5887.
McNair is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants will be selected for program participation in compliance with provisions of Section 427 of the U.S. Department of Education’s General Education Provisions Act (GEPA). Accordingly, access and participation will not be denied to applicants based on their gender, race, national origin, color, disability, or age.