Financial Aid Net Price Calculator Tool
The Net Price Calculator tool is an early estimate of financial assistance
The 2008 Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) requires that institutions provide a Net Price Calculator (NPC) to estimate what a student's typical out-of-pocket expenses might be if they attended the institution based on data from current attending students. Please note that Net Price Calculators are estimates and should not be used for actual awarding, final determination, or final net price information.
The NPC is only an early estimate of possible assistance and results cannot present a complete picture. The best way to determine the college education for you and your goals is to visit campus and speak with counselors from Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid, Veterans and Scholarship Services.
- Depending on the student population data, there may not be enough data to provide an estimate and the calculator will show $0 for estimated aid
- Cannot describe the overall value of that education to a student's personal and professional goals
- Implies that price is the only consideration when selecting a college
- Does not take into account all possible funding available (for example, outside scholarships and grants or federal direct unsubsidized or parent loans for which a student may be eligible)
- Does not take into account special circumstances the financial aid office may consider with an official application
- Can dissuade the user from conversations with college employees who can clarify and help, especially if the results are incorrect
- Gives some early insight into college costs for better planning and saving
- Shows immediate results
- Provides a starting point for families unfamiliar with the college search process