Enroll in classes at Hornet Connection
Welcome to Emporia State, Hornet!
At Emporia State, Hornet Connection is where you will meet with your academic advisor, enroll in classes and get your student ID. You'll also learn important information about campus resources and college life and meet fellow classmates.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-341-5465.
Schedule your Hornet Connection visit
Enroll in classes, get important information, get your ID, meet professors and make new friends by attending a Hornet Connection.
Hornet Connection Schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. Check In
- 9:30 a.m. Presentations Begin
- 10:40 a.m. Enrollment 101
- 11:20 a.m. Connection Fair
- 11:50 a.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Advising
- 12:30 p.m. Parents Program
- 1:30 p.m. Residence Halls Tours (optional)
Hornet Connection Dates
- Friday, December 6, 2019 (for Spring 2020)
- Friday, January 10, 2020 (for Spring 2020)
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, March 27, 2020 (F/T)
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, April 10, 2020 (T)
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 (F/T)
- Saturday, April 18, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, April 24, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, May 15, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, May 29, 2020 (T)
- Friday, June 12, 2020 (F/T)
- Friday, July 17, 2020 (F/T)
- Wednesday, August 12, 2020 (F/T)
Hornet Connection Checklist
- TAKE THE ALGEBRA EVALUATION
Log in to Canvas for the Algebra evaluation. Login with your ESU username and password to access the Algebra Evaluation. This will help you and your advisor decide in which math class you should enroll. If you have already taken college math, you do not need to take the evaluation but please bring a college transcript with proof of achievement. Algebra Evaluation Frequently Asked Questions.pdf.
- COMPLETE THE PRE-ENROLLMENT PROFILE
This will ensure your academic advisor has the most accurate information prior to your enrollment session at Hornet Connection. View the Pre-enrollment profile.
- E NUMBER, USERNAME, AND PASSWORD
Make sure to bring your E Number, username and password so you can get into Hornet 365 to enroll. You received this information in your acceptance letter package.
- COLLEGE TRANSFER WORK
Please arrange to have your most recent transcripts sent to ESU at least 2 weeks before your Hornet Connection date. If you are currently taking college classes, please be sure to bring your midterm grade report or proof of enrollment.
- IMMUNIZATION DOCUMENTATION
State law requires a meningitis vaccination or completion of waiver if you plan to live on campus. If at all possible, get your vaccination before coming to Hornet Connection and bring the documentation. For more information, see the Meningitis policy.
- CONSIDER THE CLASSES YOU WANT TO TAKE
Do you want to teach? Are you interested in a business degree? Still exploring your options? No worries! The Student Advising Center has curriculum guides that outline the classes required for each major. You can also review the General Education Requirements to prepare. Visit the SAC website or contact the office at 620-341-5421 for more information. Having a general idea of what you would like to take will make your enrollment experience more enjoyable!
- DRESS FOR THE DAY
You will have your photo taken for your Hornet ID Card so you want to look your best! You will also be walking to and from buildings during the day so wear comfortable shoes and consider bringing a jacket or sweater.
- SPENDING THE NIGHT IN EMPORIA
If need be, book a room at a local venue. Check with admissions for establishments offering ESU discounts.
Hornet Connection Fee Information
The Hornet Connection program fee is $80 per student. This is a one time enrollment fee required for all new students. There is also an additional $18 fee students will need to pay for their Hornet ID card.
You may pay your $80 Hornet Connection Program fee online when you register, or by using one of the options below:
- The $18 Hornet ID fee will need to be paid on the day you attend Hornet Connection using cash, check, or card.
- Pay over phone - call 620-341-5465.
- Pay the day you attend Hornet Connection by cash, check or card.
- Mail your payment to admissions. Print the registration form and mail it with a check or money order payable to Emporia State University. Address: ESU Admissions, Box 4034, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801.
Questions? Call us at 620-341-5465 or email email@example.com.
Parking + Maps
View our parking and campus maps before you visit. We've got a parking space saved just for you!
Where to stay
View the Visitor's Guide for information on where to stay. Ask us about lodging discounts!
City of Emporia
While you're visiting campus, take some time to explore and get to know Emporia. You'll be glad you did.