Enroll in classes at Hornet Connection
Welcome to Emporia State, Hornet!
Hornet Connection is the enrollment process for new-to-ESU students. Prior to enrolling in your classes there are five steps for you to complete (in no particular order) - don't worry, the easy-to-navigate Hornet Connection Canvas Course will walk you through every step of the process.
Summer and Fall 2021 enrollment is open!
BTW, we are planning on a spectacular fall with all the pre-COVID activities we 🖤💛 (and we think you will love them, too).
We can't wait to see you on campus!
- Your very first step is to set up your ESU login account using the information in your acceptance letter. (Don't have it? Contact admissions at email@example.com or text your counselor).
- Your second step is to log in to Canvas and complete the modules in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course using your new ESU username and password.
- Once you’ve completed the top 5 steps in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course (in no particular order), your ESU Admissions Counselor will help you set up an appointment to enroll in courses.
Hornet Connection Steps at a Glance
Below are the steps you will need to complete in Canvas (in no particular order) before you can enroll in classes.
Start your Emporia State University journey!
- Complete the Tuberculosis Screening
All new students must complete the online screening for Tuberculosis. All details and information to get this completed is found in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course.
- Submit Your Immunization Records
In this Canvas module you will get all of the details on what you need to do to send in your immunization records to the Student Wellness Center either by file upload or fax.
- Complete the Pre-enrollment Profile Form
The pre-enrollment profile form asks you questions about what major you're interested in, classes taken and your interests. This form will help your advisor get you in the right classes and get your time at ESU off to a great start. You'll find the form on in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course!
- Attend New Hornet 101 Zoom Session
The New Hornet 101 Zoom Session is a program that helps you get the college basics down, so you’re ready to make informed decisions about your educational future. In this program, you’ll meet with an advisor and learn more about the college process. Available dates are below. Sign up for your Hornet 101 Zoom Session in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course.
Saturday, March 13 10:00 AM
Wednesday, March 24 4:00 PM
Tuesday, April 6 6:00 PM
Wednesday, April 14 5:30 PM
Monday, April 19 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 18 5:30 PM
Wednesday, May 26 1:00 PM
Tuesday, June 8 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM
- Complete the Housing Application Process
Before you start choosing classes, take a look at your housing choices! 🏠With a range of options for on-campus housing (including two brand new residence halls), we know you’ll find a place to call your home away from home. Start or finish your housing application by following the steps in the Hornet Connection Canvas Course. And, if you have any questions along the way, contact us - we're here to help.
At ESU we have everything you need to thrive as a student. Engaging on campus and making the grade are equally important in taking the next step after college.
For Parents + Guardians
If your student is thinking about attending Emporia State University or if you have a student at ESU, this page is for you.