Old Training School, 1905-1948. Elementary and high school students attended the Training School, where students studying to be teachers had the opportunity to work with them and the experienced teachers at the school. This building was razed in 1948 to make room for the William Allen White Library.
Kellogg Library, 1903-1953. The first library building was named after Lyman Beecher Kellogg, the first president of KSN. It was located on Twelfth Avenue between the main entrance to the campus and Merchant Street. By the 1930s, structural problems and space constrictions led to plans for a new library. Kellogg Library was demolished after the William Allen White Library opened, in 1951.
Sunken Garden, 1918-. The Sunken Garden utilizes the site of the old administration buildings, the second of which was demolished in 1917. The sun dial currently north of the Garden was the original centerpiece, but was moved to its present location when the fountain was built in 1934. The garden and the fountain were remodeled in 1978.
Wooster Lake and Wooster Bridge. Named after Lyman C. Wooster, the lake was once a ravine. By 1917, when it was named for Professor Wooster, the ravine had been dammed to form a pond. In 1922 a dirt dam was built at about what is now the south edge of the lake, and a rock and earth dam was built to define the north edge of the lake in 1936. Wooster Bridge was built in 1928 to carry steam pipes across the lake, and to connect Morse Hall with the cafeteria on the east side of the lake.
Cafeteria, 1918-1963. The first-floor dining room seated 500, and was furnished in oak. The domestic science department was located on the second floor. The building was demolished in 1963 to make way for the east wing of the Memorial Union.
Memorial Union, 1924-. The first campus student union west of the Mississippi, Memorial Union was built to commemorate the veterans of World War I. It was dedicated in 1924. Additions were built to the north in 1957 and 1963 and to the east in 1972.
Beach Music Hall, 1926-. The Music Hall opened in 1926, and was named Beach Hall after Frank A. Beach, professor of music, in 1956.