Student Services Classroom to Career Suit Program
A solid professional image starts with how you dress
Classroom to Career Professional Suit Certificate Program
In today’s job market, candidates with a solid professional image get hired. One of the key elements of a solid professional image is the way you dress. The Office of Career Services is excited to offer a professional development series focused on building professional skills with our students. This unique program, called the Classroom to Career Professional Suit Certificate Program, guides students through a variety of career-related steps to build their career competencies and professional image. At the completion of these steps, students will earn a free, tailored, professional business suit.
The Classroom to Career Program is open to juniors and seniors from all majors. Emporia State has partnered with the professional staff at Dillard’s in Topeka, Kansas to provide the sizing for the suit program. Emporia State University Career Services provides the ongoing funding for the suit program, as well as gifts from our generous donors.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Be a current junior or senior in any major by credit hour at the start of the Spring 2023 semester, while also holding a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Be enrolled full-time for the Spring 2023 semester.
*Students who graduate in December 2022 are not eligible to participate in this program.
3. Apply online for the program between Monday, October 10 - Friday, October 21, 2022 by completing THIS APPLICATION between these dates. Applications will not be made available or accepted before Monday, October 10 or after Friday, October 21, 2022.
4. Students will be selected by a Selection Committee based on their applications and will be notified if they are selected or not by Tuesday, November 8.
5. Complete all required certificate steps in Canvas between Monday, November 14, 2022 - Friday, February 17, 2023. Steps completed before or after these dates will not be considered for this program.
***NOTE: This program is limited to 40 students, so not everyone who applies will be selected. It is NOT first-come, first-served as in the past. Students who have already participated in the program cannot participate again.
This program is based on the NACE Career Competencies.
Questions? Contact us!
Joel Ewy, Associate Director of Career Services, email@example.com
Madison Schmitt, Graduate Assistant of Career Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marguerite Fredericksen, Graduate Assistant of Career Services, email@example.com
The Teachers College operates a career closet in Visser Hall for all teaching majors. For more information, go to The Teachers College career closet home page.
Professional dress resources
Log into your Handshake account and click on RESOURCES to access valuable tips on professional dress. Also, click on the CAREER SPOTS video library for great videos on professional dress.