ETS Certified Test Administrator Services
ESU's Testing Center is certified by ETS to deliver ETS-sponsored tests, including TOEFL, Praxis, and many others. The testing facility is secure, using the same secure transmissions. The communication channel uses state-of-the-art encryption, and our software is able to detect whether a transmission was altered or disrupted.
Test content that is downloaded to a test center computer is encrypted and cannot be accessed until the actual test administration begins.
What The Testing Center provides
- lockers in its specified check-in area located near the entrance of the testing room
- nearby restrooms so test takers do not have to leave the building
- comfortable accommodations for the number of testing workstations with partitions between workstations
- access to people with disabilities
- One Test Center Administrators and one Proctors for each test administered
Dates of Upcoming Tests
Emporia State University testing center has re-opened. In order to maintain the safety of testers and test center staff, some the following policy changes have been made.
- Testers will be asked to wear masks inside the testing center when possible.
- Test sessions will be limited to six testers to better maintain social distancing, and additional sessions will be provided.
- The center and testing stations will also be sanitized before and after every test session. This means wait time for check in may be longer.
Please check this site for available testing sessions and policies.
- The Millers Analogies Test will be given on predetermined dates (TBA) through the year. You need to make your payment to the Testing Center prior to test day or you may pay online (select "MAT-Miller Analogies Testing," select the testing date you want, select "add to cart" and proceed through the payment prompts).
- For more information or registration about CLEP, please click here.
About the Testing Center
- From I-35, take exit 130 (Merchant Street), and go south toward the college. Turn left on 18th street and a quick right onto Morse Drive, which is a one-way.
- From Highway 99 (from the north of Emporia), turn left on 18th street, and a quick right (south) on to Morse Drive.
- From Highway 99 (from the south of Emporia), continue on Commercial Street through downtown, until you come to 12th street, and take a left (east). You will want to be in the far right lane to make a quick right turn on to Merchant Street, and go north until taking a right on 18th street, and quick right (south) on Morse Drive.
Visser Hall, the building housing the Testing Center, is located off of Merchant Street between 18th Avenue and 15th Avenue, with its main entrance on the east side.
The Testing Center is on the first floor, with its entrance off of the atrium.
Parking along the front of the building is partially metered. Parking is free on the weekends, and during the summer, so testers are able to park in any space other than loading zones, and gold permit spaces. Permit and meter rules are enforced Monday-Friday 7:30am- 4:30pm during Fall and Spring semesters.