ESU Fall 2020 Return to Campus
Info + Resources for faculty, staff + students
It will take all of us doing our part to stay on campus this semester
To protect ourselves and our campus community:
- Conduct a daily self-assessment to identify COVID-19 symptoms.
- Masks are required in all campus buildings and outside when social distancing of 6 ft. is not possible.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 ft.
If you have symptoms or feel like you have been exposed to COVID-19, students should contact the Student Health Center at 620-341-5222, and faculty/staff should contact their primary care physician.
Aug. 17 - First Day of Class | Nov. 20 - Last Day of In-Person Class | Nov. 23-27 - Thanksgiving Break
Nov. 30 - Dec. 4 - Remote Classes + Finals | Dec. 11 - Last Day of the Semester
Repository of information and updates sent via email + video replay of campus forums.
Work Adjustment Information
Information for faculty and staff regarding COVID-19 work adjustment request regulations and procedures
Campus Information + Resources
Health + Safety Guidelines
Students, faculty and staff are expected to follow these personal health and safety guidelines. Stay well and help protect your Hornet Family.
Conduct a daily self-assessment before coming to campus or going to class. If you are experiencing one or more COVID-19 symptoms stay home and contact your healthcare provider.
Face mask Policy
Students, faculty, staff and visitors are required to wear a face mask while in campus buildings. They must also be worn outside where safe social distancing of 6 ft. is not possible.
Course Delivery + Class Schedule
Course delivery will be face-to-face, hybrid (blended f2f + online) or fully online/remote based on the safest way to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Classroom Safety Protocols
Guidelines for faculty, staff and students regarding instructional planning and classroom safety.
Modifications to delivery of service, hours of operation and other procedures have been made to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Residential Life will implement safety protocols including reduced occupancy, increased cleaning and social distancing measures.
The fall 2020 semester has been adjusted in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Events + Functions
University-sponsored events, gatherings and programming should be limited and follow health + safety guidelines.
Students, faculty and staff must evaluate all University-related travel for purpose, risk and value to ESU.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19 through multiple-use technology and equipment, follow these guidelines.
Customizable COVID-19 Signage
Use these customizable signs for classrooms, common and office areas for specific departmental requirements.
Learn, Teach + Work From Anywhere
Return to campus plans are built using these principles
- The safe return of ESU students, faculty and staff is paramount.
- High-quality learning. ESU will continue to deliver highest-quality learning opportunities for students.
- Look to experts. ESU will adhere to health guidance and benchmarks from university, local, state and federal entities.
- Forward progress. ESU will take reasonable and prudent measures and will transition to the next stage when we have, at minimum, fulfilled guidance from state and local health officials.
- Additional steps. ESU may apply additional restrictions to provide a safe environment for our campus community.
- Recognize individual circumstances. ESU will work with employees and students who are members of vulnerable populations or who live with someone who is a member of a vulnerable population.
- Remote work. ESU will encourage and support remote work to the greatest extent possible for as long as necessary, with supervisor approval.
- Target dates and stages will be used to provide timelines and parameters to gradually return faculty, staff and students to campus.
Roadmap + Stages
View this page for complete text of the stages.