For full-time undergraduate + graduate students
After her death in November 2000, the estate of Mary Frances Headrick established the Headrick Scholarship through the Emporia State University Endowment Association. This gift was left for the descendants of her parents, Richard Byron and Mary Frances Barnett Headrick, to provide scholarship funds for higher education. The scholarship is not limited to Emporia State University.
The scholarship provides for at least one full scholarship award. Applicants may reapply. For information on the distribution of the award, please visit the website.
Descendants of Richard Byron and Mary Frances Barnett Headrick—either by blood relation or legal adoption (also including legal spouses of such descendants)—are eligible to receive this scholarship.
- be a full-time student, either undergraduate OR graduate
- maintain a GPA of 2.5
- Download the Headrick Scholarship Application form.pdf.
- If attending a school other than Emporia State University, attach documentation of tuition, enrollment-based fees, and textbook costs of the intended school.
- Complete application and mail to the address listed at the bottom right of the application on or before February 15.
- All applicants will be notified by the Emporia State University Scholarship Coordinator when the scholarship has been awarded.
For additional questions, please contact the Emporia State University Scholarship Coordinator at:
Deadline for the following school year:
February 15th. No allowances will be made for late applications.