Skip to main content

Business Office + Cashiering Services Payment Options

Payment Options

Fees can be paid via your student account by electronic check or credit card. The University accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express credit card payments. Convenience fees apply for credit card payments. Check, cash and money order payments can be paid at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall during regular office hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CT or through the mail (Emporia State University , 1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4021, Emporia, KS 66801). Please do not mail cash. A computer will be available in Plumb Hall for the online payment process.

To pay online, visit the Student Account Center at and follow these instructions:

  1. Go to the Student Account Center at
  2. Enter your ESU username and password
  3. Select 'Make a Payment' button

The University offers information and online access through the Student Account Center.

1) Pay your student account balance

2) View your bill online

3) Add third-party authorized users to your student fee account (i.e. parents, spouses, guardian)

4) Set up direct deposit of excess funds for ANY bank account

Title IV Authorization

Federal student financial aid can only cover “institutional charges” as defined by the U.S. Department of Education. This definition includes current year charges for tuition and fees, and on-campus room and board. It also includes other fees, such as: lab fees, workshops, university registration fees, facilities usage fees, and other specialized departmental or college fees associated directly with taking a class. Unless authorization is received, federal financial aid cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as: parking fines, library fines, breakage fees, returned check fees, late fees, application fees for short-term installment plans or any charges not directly tied to taking a class.

The only way federal student aid funds can be used to pay for “non-institutional charges” is to obtain your written authorization to pay those charges. The Title IV Authorization form allows Cashier & Student Accounts employees to apply your federal financial aid to your non-institutional charges.

Third Party Billings

For payments that are to be made by another party (VA, Department for Children and Families, employer, etc.), please contact our Cashier & Student Accounts staff at 620-341-5135.

For questions concerning payment options, contact Cashier & Student Accounts at 620-341-5135.

Consumer Information

Institutions that participate in the Federal Student Aid programs must disclose certain consumer information in compliance with the Department of Education's Consumer Information Act, the Student-Right-to-Know Act, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act.

Although every effort is made to present the most accurate, helpful and up-to-date information, the content of this information is subject to change due to alterations in federal, state, or college policy and procedure.

*A printed version of this document may be obtained in the Office of Student Financial Aid, Office of Admissions, or the Registration Office

NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.