Hornet Connection Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your Hornet Connection questions
- Is Hornet Connection required?
Yes, Hornet Connection is required for all new freshmen. Transfer students should contact Transfer Coordinator, Teresa Fry firstname.lastname@example.org, to identify the best way to enroll.
- What is the schedule for the day?
The tentative schedule for the day is below.
- 8:45 a.m. Check-in
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome and Introduction to ESU Resources
- 10:45 a.m. Enrollment 101
- 11:15 a.m. Connections Fair
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Student Advising / Parent Program
- 2 p.m. Residence Hall Tours / Optional Financial Aid Appointments
- What if I can’t make it to campus on any of the available dates?
Contact your Admissions Counselor. They will work with you to schedule and enrollment appointment and help you navigate your next steps.
- Do I have to be there the whole time?
We encourage students to plan to be on campus from 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Enrollment appointments take place in the afternoon, so students leaving early may not be able to enroll in classes. If a student must leave before 2 p.m., please let the Admissions Staff know upon arrival.
- Is there a fee?
A New Student Enrollment Fee of $80 will be applied to all new student’s tuition bill that will become available in July that covers cost expenses associated with new student enrollment. Financial Aid or scholarships will be able to help cover the cost of this charge. There is no charge at the time of registration for Hornet Connection.
- What do I need to bring?
All you need to bring with you is your Black and Gold spirit! We will provide you with everything else. Before your Hornet Connection please complete the Pre-Enrollment Profile Form if you did not at the time of registration, and upload your high school and/or college transcripts. Transcripts do not need to be official transcripts at this time, but your advisor needs these in order to help you choose your class schedule.
- Can I bring my family?
Yes! We encourage you to bring your family with you. Hornet Connection will include a Parent Program to help guide families and guardians how to support you through your academic journey at ESU.
- Do I have to pay my tuition?
No. Tuition bills will not be generated until mid-July, so tuition payment is not needed at Hornet Connections.
- Who will help me choose my classes?
Academic Advisors will help students enroll in classes. Your academic advisor does so much more than help you choose your classes. They are there to help you make the most out of your time at ESU!
- Is there a chance for me to meet other students?
Yes! You will have the opportunity to meet other new students coming to ESU many times during the day. If you are looking for other ways to meet new students, check out E-Experience!
- Can I see the residence halls?
Yes, optional residence hall tours will be available during Hornet Connections. You can also attend the Residential Life Showcase on Monday, April 10 to see all residence halls in more detail.
- Does this commit me to ESU?
No! At Hornet Connection, you will meet your advisor and enroll in classes. If you decide not to attend ESU after attending a Hornet Connection, you can drop your classes at anytime before the semester begins.
- Do I get to meet my professors or other faculty from my department?
Yes, throughout Hornet Connections, you will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with faculty, staff, and current students. While you may not meet each one of your professors, you will feel welcomed into the Hornet Nation!
- Is there a virtual option to enroll?
Virtual enrollment appointments may be scheduled through contacting your Admissions Counselor.
- If I have already taken College Algebra or Calculus for dual credit, do I need to take the Algebra Evaluation?
No, you do not need to take the Algebra Evaluation.
- If I am currently taking/have taken College Algebra but not for college credit, do I still need to take the Algebra Evaluation?
If you scored less than 20 on the math portion of your ACT or have not taken the ACT, you will need to take the Algebra Evaluation.