Federal Direct Graduate and Professional PLUS Loan
Find out if you qualify for these types of loans
Graduate and professional degree students are eligible to borrow under the PLUS Loan Program up to their cost of attendance minus other estimated financial assistance.
Terms and conditions of this loan type
- A determination that the applicant does not have an adverse credit history
- Repayment begins on the date of the last disbursement of the loan
- Any loan disbursed between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 will have an interest rate of 6.28%.
- Please note that the interest rates also changed from fixed to variable-fixed, meaning that the interest rate can change every July 1, but any loan taken under that rate will remain fixed for the life of the loan.
- New loans whose first disbursement occurs on or after October 1, 2020 will be subject to a loan fee of 4.228%.
- Applicants are encouraged to have applied for their annual loan maximum eligibility under the Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loan Program before applying for a Direct Graduate/Professional PLUS loan.
- Separate Entrance Loan Counseling is required prior to disbursement. In addition to entrance loan counseling new borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with Direct Lending to serve as their application and promise to repay the loan.
If you are eligible for this loan program, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, Scholarships, Veterans Services to review your eligibility.