Study psychology at Emporia State University
Why study at Emporia State?
Top 5 Reasons to Study Psychology at Emporia State
- Comprehensive Preparation: You will be guided by our faculty who bring expertise in clinical psychology, legal psychology, education, and neuropsychology. Our expert faculty provide individualized mentorship, research supervision, and professional guidance, ensuring you get the most out of your education.
- Vibrant Student Life: Our program hosts award-winning student organizations, including the Psi Chi International Honor Society, Psychology Club, and Active Minds. These student-led groups impact our community by hosting service-learning opportunities and fostering professional networks.
- Professional Development: Gain exclusive insights through our vibrant Professional Development Series, where you will participate in organization meetings, hear from guest speakers, and stay updated on the latest research from our faculty and students. Stay ahead of the curve, and expand your knowledge base!
- Conduct Original Research: Dive headfirst into psychological research! From start to finish, you’ll design, conduct, and present original research on a topic of your own interest. You’ll have the opportunity to travel to regional and national conferences. Gain invaluable experience and make an impact in the field.
- Rats! Immerse yourself in exciting lab research and training by working with your rat companion in our unique PY101 Introduction to Psychology Lab. Apply psychological principles to get your rat ready for the biannual Rat Rodeo—and witness the fascinating world of animal behavior come to life.