Office of International Education Admissions Process for Graduate Students
Admissions Process for International Graduate Students
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- GPA: dependent on academic program
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Emporia State University offers beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for students who need to improve their communication skills.
- The duration of time to complete the Intensive English Program is based on the English Proficiency Test score as well as the student's initiative and performance in class. Students may be allowed to enroll in one or more academic courses while enrolled in the Intensive English Program depending on their placement scores.
Other Exams and Tests
Graduate international student applicants will be informed by their department/division of any required achievement tests, i.e. GMAT for MBA, GRE for MLS, etc. Our ETS code is 6335.
Step-by-step admissions process for graduate students
1. Apply for admissions here.
A non-refundable application fee of US $85.00 is required to process your application.
2. Research and prepare any requirements needed for the specific program you are applying to.
3. Upload required documents into your application portal in the "Supplemental Items" section.
4. Submit a financial guarantee statement certifying the sources and amounts of funding available. International students must show proof of funds on deposit for the total cost of two semesters of study at Emporia State University (one semester exchange/visiting students only need to show proof of funds for one semester).
5. Send a scan of the information page in your passport. This scan must show your picture and name.
6. Receive your admission package:
- Order your admission documents (including your acceptance letter and I-20/DS-2019 form) shipped to you via courier.
7. Apply for your student visa.
Office of International Education
Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle
ESU Box 4041
Emporia, Kansas 66801-5415
Telephone: (620) 341-5374
Fax: (620) 341-5918