Aug. 20, 2021: Students vaccine incentive
Get $250 + Be Entered to Win $3,500
Aug. 20, 2021
A new fall semester is here, and we are excited to be on campus and giving the fullest student experience possible. In previous communication we shared that wearing face masks and getting the COVID-19 vaccine are our way forward amidst the pandemic.
That’s why we’re announcing today that we are expanding our #VaxToNormal program so EVERY ENROLLED ESU STUDENT who gets a vaccine:
1) Will receive a $250 spring scholarship;
2) Will be entered to win prizes for ESU scholarships and gift certificates to the Memorial Union Bookstore and Starbucks; and
3) GRAND PRIZE! Will be entered into a Grand Prize drawing for 1 of 10 $3,500 spring scholarships! (Undergrads, that will cover your spring in-state tuition and fees!)
If you’re vaccinated already – great! If you have already submitted your proof of vaccination you have already claimed your $250 spring scholarship and have been automatically entered into the Grand Prize drawing (you don’t need to do anything more).
If you are not yet vaccinated and want your scholarship and a chance at the Grand Prize, you must receive your final shot by October 4. You’ll have to move fast – you’ll need a first dose of Moderna no later than September 3 or Pfizer no later than September 10, and then be diligent to follow up with your second dose by October 4. The single-dose J&J vaccine also qualifies.
Go to vaccine.gov for a vaccination location near you, or
check out these UPCOMING VACCINE CLINICS
- Monday, August 23 at the Welcome Back Block Party
- Thursday, August 26, 5:30 – 7:00 at Schallenkamp Hall
- Walk-in clinic every Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Student Health Center (250 SE Morse Hall) beginning Thursday, September 2
To claim your scholarship and enter the GRAND PRIZE drawing:
- Complete the vaccination process by Monday, October 4 (two doses – Moderna and Pfizer; single dose – J&J)
- Submit proof of vaccine no later than Monday, October 4, 5:00 p.m. CDT
- One entry per student
- Every student enrolled in at least ONE credit hour is eligible
- Students graduating in December will have scholarships applied to your current bill
- Students who have already entered their proof of vaccine - you have already claimed your $250 spring scholarship and have been automatically entered into the Grand Prize drawing (you don’t need to do anything more).
Winners of the prize drawings will be announced Friday, October 8. Good luck!!
How the scholarship awards will work: The scholarships (non-refundable) will be awarded in October and will be applied to the spring 2022 tuition and fees, up to the amount of the award, i.e., $250 or $3,500, whichever is applicable. For students graduating in December, the scholarships will be applied retroactively to the fall 2021 semester and the University will issue refunds up to the amounts already paid by the students.
If you have any questions please reach out to VPSA@emporia.edu. Thank you for keeping our campus community safe and together in this academic new year!