Do you have a quick question for Career Services? Chat with us (open the chat feature in the bottom right corner of your screen)
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.! Our new chat hours are taking the place of walk in hours!
Career Services at Emporia State University is committed to helping students decide on a major, develop a career plan, gain internship
experience, find employment, and apply to graduate/professional school. We specialize in:
- Career Counseling
- Job Search Strategies
- Graduate or Professional School
Faculty and campus organizations, you may now "REQUEST A CLASSROOM PRESENTATION" online by clicking HERE!
In addition, Career Services provides opportunities for employers to recruit top talent at Emporia State University. Whether it is for part-time, full-time, or internship opportunities, Career Services is an employer’s one-stop shop for recruiting ESU talent.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new online career platform Handshake. Handshake is the leading career platform used at
over 400 colleges and more than 200,000 employers. As of April, 2018, HANDSHAKE has replaced our former Hire-a-Hornet system.
Students, Alumni and Employers will find HANDSHAKE a great tool to make professional connections to launch careers!
To connect with Career Services and learn more, simply click the links on the right that fit your interests.
The mission of Career Services is to:
- Equip students with skills for lifelong purpose and career success.
- Develop and cultivate regional and global partnerships with alumni, faculty, administration, community, and employers to enhance employment and experiential education opportunities for campus and distance learners.
- Adapt and optimize opportunities in a dynamic environment.
- Integrate various aspects of student development including academic, social, and career goals.