International Education International Ambassador Scholarship
International Ambassador Scholarship
The International Ambassador Scholarship is intended to recognize outstanding student leaders. As an International ambassador, you won’t only be a leader in the ESU community, you will also serve as a representative of your country and support new students and the OIE office as a whole.
Scholarships are worth $400 per semester and will be applied to your student account.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 12 scholarships.
Applicants must be:
- A self-funded full-time degree-seeking student (all countries are welcome to apply)
- Earned at least 12 credits hours at ESU
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be able to support Orientation and attend training sessions
- Demonstrate past leadership experience
Submit the application form, unofficial transcript, and 3 references to the Office of International Education by March 15.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Applicants are expected to be active representatives for the University during New Student Orientation, engage with all new international students and assist with select program events throughout the semester.
- Attend 2 Orientation Training sessions on Friday, May 10th and Monday, August 12. Training is currently a tentative schedule and will be 4-8 hours long.
- Lead a group of international students during Fall 2019 International Orientation August 13-18.
- Assist in OIE hosted events 20 hours per semester, including but not limited to: logistical event planning, marketing, and outreach, event set-up and tear down.