September 13, 2021: Guidance for Planning Campus Events
Communication from Future Planning Group
September 13, 2021
Dear ESU Campus Community,
During recent meetings of the Future Planning Group, we have received questions about best practices for events on campus, especially those that will include food. We consulted with staff in Conference & Scheduling in the Memorial Union and Sodexo, our dining services partners.
Below is the guidance we will follow on campus. We will continue to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 and will adjust campus policies as appropriate.
Guidance for Event Planners
Effective September 13, 2021
For groups (both on- and off-campus) who want to use ESU spaces for events with meals:
- Sodexo will offer buffet service only
- Attendees will wear masks while at the buffet
- Sodexo staff will serve the buffet (no self-service)
- For events with 25 people or fewer
- May be held in indoor spaces
- All who attend must wear masks unless actively eating or drinking
- Organizers will include reminders to people to wear masks unless actively eating or drinking
- For events larger than 25 people
- All food service (buffet, hors d'oeuvres, etc.) will be offered outside. This includes beverages offered as part of meal.
For groups (both on- and off-campus) who want to use ESU spaces for events without meals:
- Only beverages may be offered
- All who attend must wear masks unless actively drinking
- Organizers will include reminders to people to wear masks unless actively drinking
- Off-campus ESU events
- Planners of events with food service that are sponsored by or connected to Emporia State University should follow the same precautions outlined above.
- Outdoor events are best
- Indoors is appropriate for small groups
Future Planning Group