September 1, 2021: $250 incentive scholarships paid THIS semester
Message for students
September 1, 2021
Dear ESU Students:
Great news!! Thanks to many of you sharing your input with your Associated Student Government leaders, we will now release the $250 scholarships in the #VaxToNormal incentive THIS semester.
Lucy Steyer, ASG president, and Lauren Moon, ASG vice president, shared with ESU administration that students were asking whether the funds could be released this semester rather than in the spring.
The answer is a resounding YES!
Here are the details for releasing the $250 scholarships:
- All scholarships will be processed at one time — in late October (not as you upload your vaccination card).
- Every student who qualifies for the incentive will find the funds deposited to their student account.
- The $250 will be applied to any account balances.
- The remainder (or full amount if no account balance) will be refunded to the student.
In addition to the $250 scholarships, every qualified student is entered into drawings for other incentives, including a Grand Prize drawing for 10 scholarships of $3,500 each, which would equal in-state semester tuition plus fees. These scholarships will be applied to Spring 2022 semester student accounts.
If a senior graduating in December wins a grand prize scholarship, it will be applied to their fall 2021 (current semester) account in December. If their account has no balance or funds remain after applied to a balance, the refund will be issued in December.
As a reminder, here’s how to qualify for the $250 scholarship and enter the drawings:
- Complete the vaccination process by Monday, October 4 (two doses – Moderna and Pfizer; single dose – J&J).
- Submit proof of vaccine no later than Monday, October 4, 5:00 p.m. CDT.
- One entry per student.
- Every student enrolled in at least ONE credit hour is eligible.
- Students who have already entered their proof of vaccine — you have already claimed your $250 spring scholarship and have been automatically entered into the Grand Prize drawing (you don’t need to do anything more).
If you have not yet been vaccinated and want to get in on the scholarships, there will be an on-campus Pfizer vaccine clinic next Tuesday, September 7:
WHERE: KSTC Ballroom in the Memorial Union
WHEN: Tuesday, Sept. 7 • 1-3:30 p.m.*
HOW: SUPER EASY! Use this link to register for your appointment https://LyonCountyPublicHealth.as.me/ESUMemorialUnionBallRoom
*At your appointment on Sept. 7, you will be given a follow-up appointment for Dose 2 on Sept. 28.
If you have any questions, please reach out to VPSA@emporia.edu. Thank you for keeping our campus community safe and together in this academic new year!