Program eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible to receive services through SSS, you must meet at least one of the following federal requirements:
- First-generation college student, neither parent has a bachelors degree, or
- Low income, based on the current Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels, or
- Documented physical or learning disability.
Enrollment and residential eligibility
You must also meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled or have been accepted for full-time study at ESU
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the academic need criteria as established by the SSS Program
NOTE: Meeting first-generation, low-income and/or disability program eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into SSS. Prospective participants must also demonstrate the ability to benefit from program services.
Students who have attained a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for the program.
If you feel that you or your student would benefit from our program, please print and mail this application to our office at 1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4005, Emporia, KS 66801; print and bring it to our office at 323 South Morse Hall; or call us at 620-341-5097 to make an appointment with the Director and complete the application at the office.
For more information
Please fill out our inquiry form and we will contact you.