The McNair Scholars Program offers a variety of free services, including:
- Opportunities for research and other scholarly activities, such as Honors Contract Courses, which are designed to effectively prepare Scholars for the rigors of graduate study and add rigor to the undergraduate experience to enhance graduate school credentials.
- Summer research internships to expose Scholars to the research expectations and methodologies within a specific discipline.
- Seminars to help students hone writing, analytical, research, and presentation skills and tackle the graduate school application and selection process.
- Guidance and assistance with securing admission to, and financial assistance for, the graduate program(s) of choice for each Scholar.
- Academic counseling and tutoring as needed
- Assistance with financial planning for postsecondary education and lifelong financial and economic literacy skills.
- A faculty mentor within the Scholar’s discipline to help formulate and refine research interests, develop a network and identify graduate programs, and understand the rigors and culture of the discipline.
- Travel to academic and research conferences and graduate programs to provide Scholars the opportunities to network with potential graduate faculty, practice presentation skills, and identify potential graduate programs.