Your Professional Life
Scholarships + Careers
Are you a resident of the state of Kansas and attending a Kansas post-secondary institution? Are you enrolled in the MATESOL or TESOL Licensure Program?
If your answer is yes to both questions, then you may qualify for one or both of the following scholarships or financial incentives. Check the following links for more information and contact either Kansas Board of Regents or Kansas State Department of Education if you have questions regarding either of these opportunities.
- KBOR Teacher Service Scholarship Program - deadline is May 1
- KSDE offers information on ESOL scholarships, fellowships, and on the TESOL Licensure Reimbursement Opportunity.
As a teacher of TESOL, you belong to a professional community including these organizations:
- TESOL International Association - As the largest organization focused exclusively on English language teaching for speakers of other languages, TESOL annually hosts more than 6,500 people from across the United States and around the world at its international convention. Educators at all levels attend to find a productive exchange of ideas and information and to feel the embrace of a dynamic professional community.
- Mid-America Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages - Serving to strengthen the effective teaching of English in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, MIDTESOL is the regional professional association.
- National Association for Bilingual Education - Since 1975, the NABE has been a non-profit membership organization that works to advocate for educational equity and academic excellence for bilingual/multilingual students in a global society.
- American Association for Applied Linguistics - AAAL members promote principled approaches to language-related concerns, including language education, acquisition and loss, bilingualism, discourse analysis, literacy, rhetoric and stylistics, language for special purposes, psycholinguistics, second and foreign language pedagogy, language assessment, and language policy and planning.
Job listings, networking, and
- Kansas Teaching Jobs - The Kansas Education Employment Board is a free teacher recruitment service aimed at attracting teachers to Kansas teaching jobs. In addition to advertising up-to-date teaching jobs in Kansas, KEEB allows applicants to apply for positions electronically and provides information on licensure, state sponsored tuition and scholarship programs, and resume assistance. KEEB is supported by the Early Childhood Special Education and Title Services Team of the Kansas Department of Education.
- Dave's ESL Cafe - "The internet's meeting place for ESL + EFL teachers + students from around the world!"