Skip to main content


Educational Administration Building-Level Licensure

The Educational Administration building-level licensure-only program qualifies students for Building-Level administrator licensure endorsement.  

Licensure Only

Applicants who already hold a master's degree can complete the program as licensure only.  The admission and program requirements are the same for both the MS degree and licensure-only  (non-degree) programs.

The major differences with the licensure-only route include:

  1. the student must already hold a graduate degree to be eligible,
  2. licensure-only students will not earn a master's degree,
  3. licensure-only students may complete their program beyond the seven-year time frame required for degree-seeking students,
  4. licensure-only students can potentially transfer in more than nine credit hours with department approval (whereas the limit for degree students is nine hours), and
  5. the licensure-only option is not eligible for financial aid.


  • Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher in the last 60 hours of study or an overall GPA average of no less than a 3.0 for a completed master's degree.
  • Current state-issued teaching license (or other relevant professional license such as: school psychologist, school counselor, speech-language pathologist)
  • Minimum 3 years teaching experience is encouraged for Kansas applicants, as 5 years of teaching experience is required by the State of Kansas to be eligible for the administrative license. Applicants are encouraged to check professional experience requirements outlined by their state licensing organizations.
  • No GRE is required

Official transcripts from all institutions attended can be submitted via a secure electronic service offered by the issuing institution to or by selecting Emporia State University on the transcript request form, mailed to:

Emporia State University
Campus Box 4003
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801

or overnighted to:

Emporia State University
Graduate School
Room 313 Plumb Hall
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801

If you have questions, contact the Teacher's College at 620-341-5367.

Financial Aid

Students applying to the building-level licensure program are not eligible for financial aid.