Nomination + Process
HPER Hall of Honor Criteria
The Hall of Honor recognizes graduates from the Department of Health, Physical Education, & Recreation who have achieved prominence in their chosen field or who have made significant contributions to Emporia State in the form of service to the HPER department.
- The nominee must be a graduate of the HPER department at Emporia State University (graduate or undergraduate degree).
- The nominee must have at least 10 years of professional experience past graduation.
- The nominee must show a strong commitment to his/her professional growth.
- The nominee should demonstrate a healthy lifestyle.
- The nominee must be a respected member of the profession and have contributed significant service to the chosen field.
Nominations must be received by February 15.
After the nominations are screened by the HPER Faculty Review Committee, names are put forward to the entire HPER faculty. The selection of the honor inductees will be notified on or before March 15.
The awards will be presented at an event hosted by the HPER department later in the spring.