Program Goals + BOC Rates
**The Athletic Training Program has been approved by The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education to transition to a master’s degree. The final cohort of students to be admitted to the undergraduate (bachelor's) program will be those entering in the 2019-2020 academic year.**
- Goal #1: The Athletic Training Program at Emporia State University is committed to providing all Athletic Training Students (ATS) a Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) accredited entry level curriculum that educates students through didactic, laboratory and clinical experiences.
- Outcome 1.1: Prepare students to take the Board of Certification (BOC) national certification examination in order to become nationally certified and licensed as an Athletic Trainer.
- Outcome 1.2: Develop and maintain a sequential and progressive curriculum that permits students to gain knowledge and clinical skills and develop and refine the knowledge and clinical skills.
- Outcome 1.3: Integrate appropriate technology to enhance professional practice and improve communication.
- Goal #2:The AT Program at Emporia State University prepares ATS with didactic, laboratory and clinical experiences that develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Outcome 2.1: Provide students with opportunities to analyze and synthesize current research and resources within the profession of athletic training.
- Goal #3:The AT Program at Emporia State University promotes personal and professional development of the athletic training student.
- Outcome 3.1: Encourage athletic training students to become members of professional organizations and attend annual state and national workshops and conventions.
- Outcome 3.2: Develop the ability to interact and effectively communicate with athletic and medical personnel.
- Goal #4:The AT Program at Emporia State University prepares athletic training students who demonstrate professional and ethical conduct and behavior.
- Outcome 4.1: Adhere to the NATA Code of Ethics for all athletic training professionals.