Professional clothing for education majors
Corky's Career Closet
Corky's Career Closet
Corky’s Career Closet in Visser Hall is a place where elementary and secondary education majors at Emporia State University can have access to free, gently used professional attire for interviews and everyday teaching.
Emporia State education undergraduates spend their last semester prior to graduation in a full-time, unpaid internship for which they also pay tuition as well as fees for licensure and content tests. This semester is academically challenging and financially-stressful semester for many students who often struggle to make ends meet while teaching full time.
The purpose of Corky’s Career Closet is to provide student teachers and other education interns access to free professional clothing and basic hygiene items in order to alleviate some of the financial burden of stocking their wardrobes with appropriate teaching attire.
"Take what you need, but need what you take."
For clothing, please only donate new or gently used recently-laundered items of current styles; no items with defects (small holes, rips, fading, etc.).
Women’s Items (all sizes)
- One pieces (suit sets & dresses)
- Tops (blazers, blouses, button up shirts, solid short & long sleeve tops, cardigans, sweaters, shells, and camisoles)
- Bottoms (slacks, skirts)
- Shoes/dress socks
- Bags (over the shoulder professional totes)
- Accessories: Scarves, jewelry, etc
Men’s Items (all sizes)
- One pieces (suit sets)
- Tops (blazers, long & short sleeve button up shirts, and polo shirts)
- Ties/tie clips
- Bags (messenger bags, briefcases, laptop bags, etc)
Career Closet Supplies
- Hangers (plastic and wire)
- Starch spray and anti-wrinkle spray
- Iron/Ironing board
- Plastic garment bags
- Storage solutions (shelving, baskets, etc)
- Full-length mirror(s)
- Plastic shopping bags
Toiletry Items (new items only)
- Bathroom hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, shaving cream, toothbrush/toothpaste, disposable razors, lotion, deodorant, etc)
- Tops (blazers, long & short sleeve button up shirts, and polo shirts
- Feminine products
- Laundry supplies (detergent/dryer sheets)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday - 8:30-4:45 p.m.
or by appointment
Contact Dr. Amanda Lickteig or Deena Wilson
Donations are accepted year-round and itemized tax receipts are available upon request.
Please contact either Dr. Amanda Lickteig or Deena Wilson in the department of School Leadership/Middle & Secondary Teacher Education regarding contributions.