About the Building
The Earl Center
Dedicated on October 27, 2000, The Earl Center was the result of the lead gift to "The Vision of 1863," the campaign to acquire and renovate the Hammond Heights Medical Arts Building. Renovation of the building was completed in 2003.
The Earl W. Sauder Company purchased and donated the building to Emporia State University to create attractive and versatile learning environments for numerous programs in The Teachers College.
This gift adds to an impressive list of major projects supported by Earl Sauder and his family, including the Sauder Alumni Center, the Sauder family President's Box in the Hutchinson Family Pavilion, and several significantly endowed scholarship funds at Emporia State University.