Skip to content
Toggle Left Side Navigation

Office of Field Placement and Licensure

< OFPL Home

Teacher / Specialist / Leadership Licensing

Licensing in any state can be confusing. The Emporia State University Licensure Officer has provided information here to help guide you through the process and assist you in understanding what you need. Most information for licensing comes from the Regulations and Standards for Kansas Educators from the Kansas State Department of Education.

Please check these pages periodically for new information that may have occurred due to state licensing changes or ESU program changes.

Important information regarding Praxis testing and School Leadership testing as required by ESU and/or the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE):

To find out which test you must take for your ESU teaching or school specialist program:

To find out which test you must take for your ESU school leadership program:

The above websites are maintained by ETS in cooperation with KSDE.  If you are unsure of which test is required for your degree and/or Kansas license, you are always welcome to contact the ESU Licensure officer (620-341-5412,

ESU STUDENT TEACHERS -- check your degree evaluation by signing into Buzz In. Follow the following steps:

*Make sure you will complete all degree requirements AND pass your Praxis tests for your graduation as well as for your license requirements. ESU cannot recommend for a one-year nonrenewable license because the Praxis tests are part of your approved program. Be prepared when interviewing for jobs that you know this.

The Kansas State Department of Education is located at:

Teacher Licensure and Accreditation
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Suite 106
Topeka, KS 66612