Health, Physical Education, & Recreation
Health Education Online Licensure
Thank you for your interest in our online licensure in Health Education. Our health education program is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (formally the North Central Association), as well as NCATE. You can complete the entire program via distance learning.
If your state requires you to complete a state accredited health education program:
Emporia State University’s health education program is an undergraduate program. We have created graduate level courses meeting all of the accreditation requirements for health education in the state of Kansas. Be sure to review the course requirements. Most people transfer in the undergraduate requirements (each person’s transcripts are evaluated to determine which courses they still need to complete), but if you haven’t you can still complete those via online as well.
- Complete the Application for Health Education Licensure. This is needed for the Health Education Advisor and ESU’s Licensure Officer’s records since every state is different in their requirements.
- Apply for admission into Emporia State's Graduate School.
- Select "Apply to Graduate School" under Online Graduate Application.
- After creating a username and pin for the application, select the following: Application: Graduate Applications; Type: First-time Licensure/Non-Degree OR Returning Licensure/Non-degree; Term: Select the term you wish to begin the licensure program.
- You cannot enroll in any courses at ESU until you have applied here and have been accepted.
- Before, or after, applying - the Health Education Advisor can look at your transcripts to see what classes will transfer and what classes you still have to take.
To view the most current rates, click here.
If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact...