|ELEMENTARY EDUCATION OVERVIEW|
|PROGRAM OF STUDY|
Elementary Education / Early Childhood / Special Education
Elementary Education Program
Block 2 Admission Requirements
For admission to Block 2, the PDS phase of Emporia State’s teacher education program, a student must meet the following standards:
- Senior-level or post-baccalaureate classification at Emporia State
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.5 in required professional studies
- A cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.5.
- Completion of all Block 1 courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Health clearance completed and turned in (TB test and physical).
- Participate in personal interview when requested by the Elementary Admissions Committee.
- Must be approved by the Elementary Admissions Committee
Block 2 Courses
These courses must be completed in a Professional Development School
|EE 315||Teaching Language Arts in the Elementary School||3 hrs|
|EE 317||Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School||3 hrs|
|EE 318||Classroom Management||2 hrs|
|EE 320||Observing Teaching/Learning Models||4 hrs|
|EE 413||Reading for the Elementary Teacher II||3 hrs|
|EE 414||Reading Practicum||1 hr|