Post-Baccalaureate Licensure Programs

Persons who hold a baccalaureate degree but who do not meet standards established for teacher licensure in Kansas may follow programs of study at Emporia State University designed to help meet those standards.

Students who hold a baccalaureate degree and who wish to enroll in courses which lead to teacher licensure should make application for admission through the graduate office. This procedure applies even though the student may not be taking courses for which graduate credit is granted. The student must also apply for admission to teacher education and be formally approved by the appropriate committee (see requirements for the degree Bachelor of Science in Education).

Programs providing for provisional licensure are available for Kansas fully licensed teachers who wish to become licensed in another field.

Information may be obtained from The Teachers College Office of Field Placement and Licensure, room 208, Visser Hall or find out more at  Contact the Licensure Officer, Andra Baldwin at 620-341-5412 or email