- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for this position. Job Begin Date will be individually determined as applicants are hired throughout the year.
[Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun] - Varied
• Handle customer requests via phone, email, and in person, while demonstrating a customer service style which is helpful, resourceful, and friendly.
• Assist users with password administration, network connectivity, LMS access, and campus computing environments.
• Assist Technical Services as needed, including imaging, troubleshooting and otherwise performing technical duties on ESU workstations and classroom PCs.
• Document all work using current work ticketing system
• Assist with maintaining various databases used by the Help Desk and Client Services
• Participate in campus support events including student orientation and move-in
• The Student Help Desk Agent will conduct him/herself professionally at all times. This includes arriving to arranged meetings and work hours on time, dressed appropriately, and respect for colleagues in the workplace.
• The Agent will communicate with the supervisor on a regular basis to discuss progress, interests, and possible concerns.
• All information learned about user id’s, passwords and data are to be kept private with consequences, including termination, if there is a privacy violation.
• Prior customer service experience
• Microsoft Office knowledge and skills a plus
• Strong technical background and/or skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic (e.g., dependable, professional, and punctual)
• Positive attitude
• Strong communication skills to assist different people at various technical levels throughout the campus
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong work ethic (e.g., dependable, professional) and proven ability to work in an environment involving tasks that require strict confidentiality