Diversity + Inclusion Corky’s Dreamers
Support for students who are searching for degree programs that don’t require licensure or certifications
The Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion offers friendly and tailored support to undergraduate and graduate students who are searching for degree programs that don’t require licensures or certifications upon graduation completion. We provide a welcoming and safe space to assist students in navigating through Emporia State University. Here is a step by step process for starting your journey at Emporia State University.
The Corky’s Dreamers program fosters a sense of belonging, community and well-being for all students who consider themselves Dreamers. Emporia State University values and understands the experience Dreamers bring to the Hornet community. We are truly committed to helping each student reach their goals and aspirations. By no means will Emporia State University release any information to a third party about the status of any student who applies for admissions. Emporia State University is a safe haven that nurtures the privacy of our students under the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Attend Hispanic Family Night or Diversity Leadership Summit.
- For student to receive in-state tuition under the Kansas House Bill 2145, each student will have to fill out an affidavit form with the Office of Registrar. Please contact Jennifer Rosales, Admission Counselor, Jrosale2@emporia.edu if assistance is needed.
- Visit with the University Scholarship Coordinator, Regina Tolbert, email@example.com, and The Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Jason Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org, about scholarship opportunities and possible on-campus employment if interested.
- See Catherine Bergman, email@example.com, Academic Advisor to discuss your academic journey through Emporia State University.
- Enroll in our CW101 Freshmen University Seminar Course.
- Degree Opportunities for Corky’s Dreamers
- See the Director of Diversity Student Programs, Deanna Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about how you can get involved with our community.
Towards the end of your journey at Emporia State University, it is our mission to help you in the preparation of finding employment! We suggest you start working on Step 6 the summer before your last year at Emporia State University.
- Visit with the Director of Career Services, June Coleman, email@example.com , to talk about employment opportunities
- Look into Emporia State Universities Career Fairs